Manager & Treasurer Resources
Handbooks and Manuals
ODMHA Off-Ice Officials Manual
Ottawa Sting Parent's Handbook
(Travel / Affiliation / Residence / Transfer / Injury etc.)
ODHA - Special Event Request Form
ODHA - Special Event Request List
Special Events guidelines
Travel Permit Form
US Travel Permit
District B Team Registration Template
Game Sheet Label template
Ottawa Sting Name/Photo of Player Permission/Waiver
Ottawa Sting Clothing
OSMHA Lapel Pins
1. Notice to Head Coach / Team Managers on Team Financial Matters – This document provides detailed information on financial matters, including what needs to be included or considered in developing the team budget.
2. Deposit / Disbursement Record form
3. Deposit Summary form
4. Declaration of Incurred Expenditures– for expenses without receipts other than tournament payments made directly to tournament organizers
5. Petty Cash Advance Control Sheet – electronic version, i.e. entries are posted electronically to this sheet and a copy is printed or emailed and sent to the Treasurer only when reimbursement is requested.
6. Petty Cash Advance Control Sheet – manual version, i.e. a blank copy of this form is printed and entries are posted manually to this sheet and a copy is sent to the Treasurer when reimbursement is requested.
7. Referee Payments Control Sheet
8. Bell Capital Cup (OIHF) Fundraising Opportunity
9. Letter to Sponsors – to explain to them the OSMHA Sponsorship Program.
10. Financial Journals - for team use, this document, as well as item 11, consist of the following 6 sheets within the overall worksheet:
11. Fincial Journals Sample
- A Summary page with Actuals compared to the team’s budgeted amount – with links to the 2nd sheet. As indicated on this page, there is a colour-coding scheme that applies to all sheets within this worksheet or file.
- A Team Revenues & Expenses sheet – effectively a cash receipts and disbursements journal – with the totals linked up to the Summary sheet
- A Team Deposits sheet – for teams to record their total amount of each deposit made during each month, as applicable
- A Sponsors & Related Credits sheet – for teams to track their sponsorship funds and player credits, where applicable
- A Parent Contributions sheet – to allocate funds deposited by the team to either the appropriate player or to the team as a whole (Team Revenues) where revenues are not attributable to a specific player and that should agree to the teams total deposits as per the next sheet (hence the check digit at cell D35).
- A Payout Calculation sheet – to calculate the Return of Excess Parent Contributions at the end of the season. This sheet should work provided the players on the team do not change during the year – that is, where there are no post-tryout releases of players and/or late players additions to the team – and where all parents have paid their necessary parent contributions (so that there are no negative cheque amounts in column Q). Where there are post-tryout releases of players and/or late players additions to the team or where there is one or more negative cheque amounts in column Q, the OSMHA Treasurer may need to assist the team in making the final calculation – although the OSMHA Treasurer should be given the opportunity to review all team payout calculations before they are made to ensure that they are done appropriately,
12. OSMHA - Mid-Season Addition - Player Payment Formula - OSMHA Mid-season Addition - Player Payment Formula - this formula for determining the OSMHA Association Fees and Team Fees will apply to any player who joins a team during the course of the season, whether it is to replace a player who has been released from the team for whatever reason or whether the player was added for another reason.
13. OSMHA - Refund Policy
- OSMHA Refund Policy - where a player is involuntarily released by
his/her team during the course of the season, the OSMHA Refund Policy will apply. However, where a player voluntarily requests to be taken off the team, then a refund will only apply if a substitute player can be found and it will be based on the date the mid-season replacement player joins the team.
2012-13 TEAM BUDGETS
By filling in the yellow shaded areas of the team budget, the built-in formulas will perform most of the other calculations – except for the final calculation of the Parent Contributions – Actual requirement.
A. Minor Atom B
B. Minor Atom A
C. Major Atom B
D. Major Atom A
E. Major Atom AA
F. Minor Peewee B
G. Minor Peewee A
H.Minor Peewee AA
I. Major Peewee B
J. Major Peewee A
K. Major Peewee AA
L. Minor Bantam B
M. Minor Bantam AA
N. Major Bantam B
O. Major Bantam AA
P. Minor Midget B
Q. Minor Midget AA
R. Major Midget B
S.Major Midget AA